As part of the Open Source as Prior Art project, software is needed to serve as a prototype for a social tagging tool to help classify software.
Think of Freshmeat meets Flickr. Track software and software development through the use of social tagging.
The resulting software should be able to:
- Allow for arbitrary word and phrase tags
- Create new project areas to tag, with references to external sites
- Have multiple sub-sections within a project to tag
- Allow both "public" and admin tags
- Maintain information about date/times tags were added/changed
OSSTag is still under development. Beta versions are available.
A demo installation can be found at http://prevalent-digest.de/osstag/current/
Downloads and CVS access is located at https://sourceforge.net/projects/osstag
Discussions take place at the priorart-discuss -- OSS and USPTO prior art discussions mailinglist.
Our development wiki can be found at http://developer.osdl.org/dev/priorart/wiki/index.php/OSSTag
GNU General Public License
OSSTag - A Social Tagging Engine
Copyright © 2006 Open Source Development Labs, Inc.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
v0.3pre1 - 30-JUL-2006
OSSTag comes now with a complete Web-Interface to tag just about any project. It supports User-Login/Registration and you can freely provide any Meta-Information on projects you want to be tagged.
The whole release is separated into 4 modules:
- osstag - the tagging engine with xml/http-request interface
- xsltwf - a xml/http-request framework for user-management
- projectpointer - a xml/http-request framework for project meta-informations
- tagaproject - a website combining above three modules in one website, using xml and xslt.
v0.2 - 16-JUN-2006
- aspect oriented tagging
- This release comes with 6 slightly different variants of how OSSTag could be used. As example we chose the FireFox extension Morse for all 6 variants.
- project column added to phymap (-> enables tags to project and sub-parts of project via phypointer)
- minor fixes + 6 variants for testing
- project tag-cloud
- Download: osstag-0.2.tar.bz2
v0.1 - 7-JUN-2006
Copyright © 2006 - Jan Kechel, Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 37, 14482 Potsdam, Germany